Want to win a custom portrait session? Check out Dandelion Wishes for your enter and win.
Tuesday, August 31, 2010
Monday, August 30, 2010
Have you heard about www.Restaurant.com ? I love it!
Today I bought a $25 gift certificate for $2 for Sweet River Grill in Merced. Usually the certificates are closer to 50% off, but if you google for coupon codes there are always good ones. Like today I used " CLEARANCE " for 80% off.
There aren't a whole lot of choices in my area, but I know in bigger cities there is a huge selection of restaurants to choose from. So, when I'm traveling and I know we'll stop for dinner in a certain place I always check www.restaurant.com first.
My husband and I were just talking about how we REALLY need to go on a date so I thought I'd surprise him with dinner sometime this week, this savings sure made it a lot easier on the wallet!
What's your favorite savings tip for eating out?
Saturday, August 28, 2010
Its been a long time since I last posted. I guess I've kind of been in a funk. It happens. I may not be out of it yet but I remember someone telling me when I'm feeling blue I should count my blessings. So when I read Mamarazzi's Happy List this morning I thought, "Hey, why not?"
So, here it goes. My Happy List
1. My living room wall is blue. My dad hates it. He's never said as much, but he offers to help me paint it every time he comes over. But I LOVE IT! Its the perfect shade of blue. (Now I wished I had painted the other walls a warmer shade of cream, but that's not the point.) I love my blue wall, and one day my bedroom will be "tan-ish".
2. I have high speed internet at home. A very nice installer came the other day, asked me where I wanted it installed and then he went to work. An hour later I was uploading a 1900MB file in under 30 minutes. It makes my job so much easier.
3. My husband is getting a new job. I can't go into all the details, but its good, really really good.
4. I have wonderful councilors. I'm the Young Women's President at church. I'm in charge of the 12-18 year old Young Women and I have two of the best councilors ever. We cleaned out our closet this week and with out them I wouldn't have been able to throw anything away. And there was lots of stuff to throw away.
5. I bought mini bagels last night at Target. I love mini bagels toasted with some butter. Mmmmm, best breakfast all week!
6. I know what the upcoming giveaway is on www.ourdandelionwishes.com and its a good one. I love knowing secrets!
7. I bought all the ingredients to make Alfajores. Dulce de leche isn't cheap. I think I'll try and find out how to make it next time.
8. Its Saturday and the neighbor kid didn't ring my door bell at 6:45am to see if the kids were ready for school.