Pages

Monday, November 1, 2010

Halloween 2010

I think Halloween 2010 has been my most favorite ever!  The costumes were done on time, which is probably because Sleeping Beauty was purchased by "Big Grandma" last year and Lissy has been waiting all year to wear it and Obi Wan Kanobi (sp?) was purchase at 40% off at Target on Tuesday. $13 was totally worth not having to make another costume this year!.  I only had the Nerds costume that needed to be made.  Sarah came up with the Nerds costume all on her own, I just had to come up with the "how" part.

We spent Saturday even at our Stake Trunk or Treat party.  I've always hated trunk or treating.  Something about kids running around in a dark parking lot never really made me feel safe.  But our stake starts the party at 5pm when the sun is still out.  There was an awesome DJ playing fun kid friendly music that the adults enjoyed too.  Nachos, popcorn, hot chocolate and all the candy you could ever want!  Batman even taught everyone how to do the dance from Thriller.  My kids were adorable!


Because Halloween landed on a Sunday this year we chose not to go Trick or Treating with the kids.  We picked up the movie "How to Train your Dragon" on our way home from the party Saturday night and enjoyed that with the kids out in our "theater."  We had an early dinner, then locked the house and turned off all the lights.  The movie was great and we all had fun!


At the end of the movie some of our really good new friends showed up with Pumpkin Cinnamon Rolls!  Because they are the best people I know!  Thanks Chantelle and Robert!

And now, I am locked in my office, trying NOT to think about all the candy on top of the fridge.
Wish me luck!

No comments: