Pages

Wednesday, August 17, 2011

The Funeral

My grandmother was a BEAUTIFUL person.  Her funeral was just as it should have been.  I feel like I should write about that day, but to me it felt like such a sacred day that I'll probably save my thoughts for my personal journal.

My mother gave the euology.  It was perfect.  I learned so much about her.  I had no idea that grandma was the family photographer.  Photographing the family for events and yearly pictures.  She turned her bathroom into a dark room and printed copies for all who asked.  I always assumed it was my grandfather's darkroom enlarger that they had given me, but it was my grandmothers.

The other day, Sarah, my 4 year old said to me, "Mom, I wish Grandma never died."
"Me too." I replied.
"I liked her."
"Me too, Sarah, Me too."

1 comment:

Linda said...

It was a beautiful service. I am so glad that I was able to be there. And yes She was and IS a beautiful person!