Pages

Monday, August 8, 2011

Sunday

Recently I was called to be the new primary president in our ward.  This was the first week that I would take over the position.  It was a little chaotic.  People who usually are known for the punctuality were 5-10 minutes late.  I didn't know anyone's name and I wasn't quite sure on how long the music portion was suppose to go.  Other women who had been there longer than I filled in when I was at a loss.  Its amazing how perceptive women can be!

I talked to one little boy before primary started.  He and his brother are not well known for being reverent.  I asked him if he could do me a BIG favor, if he felt like he could.  I asked him if he could help me out by being a good example today, because some of the other kids weren't being very reverent.  He enthusiastically agreed.  When his older brother overheard or conversation he volunteered to help too!   I have never seen those two boys sit still for so long.  It was amazing.  I was sure to thank them after primary.

Sunday evening my mother called to let me know that my grandmother, who had been diagnosed with pancreatic cancer a few months ago, was not doing well.  The hospice worker estimated that she had 1-2 weeks left.  I cried a little and said a prayer that she was comfortable.

I finished packing all my bags and then stared at the ceiling until midnight.  I love knowing that I have a long day ahead of me and not being able to sleep.

No comments: